Rotary Club of Navarre is pleased to again sponsor several Navarre High School 10th graders to attend the District 6940 Rotary Youth Leadership Awards. This years conference will be held at Adventures Unlimited in Milton, FL March 30th – April 2nd, 2017. Applications are due by Feb 25th, 2017.
Please click here to apply online. To be eligible, you must be in 10th grade at Navarre High School. Rotary Club of Navarre will select several applicants to receive full scholarships to RYLA. Selected applicants will receive emails from the club with instructions on how to proceed.
What is RYLA? – Rotary Youth Leadership Award is an intensive training program for community youth leaders. Each spring, 10th – graders chosen for their past service to the community and leadership potential are awarded an all-expenses-paid camp to discuss leadership skills and to learn those skills through practice.
- Demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth and potential leaders
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth
- Publicly recognize young people who are providing service to their communities
RYLA Seminars: – Awardees attending the RYLA seminars can expect to further develop their personal and leadership skills in the following key areas:
- Communication Skills: Participants will have the opportunity to: develop interpersonal skills; communicate, listen and write more effectively; engage in some form of public speaking in a warm, supportive environment
- Personal Qualities: Participants will have the opportunities to: identify the various types of personality; help people to get along with each other; manage their own time more effectively; avoid stressful situations; plan for healthier living
- Leadership: Participants will have the opportunity to: identify the characteristics of effective leaders; become aware of the various styles of leadership; observe effective leaders operating in a meeting situation
- Problem Solving Strategies: Participants will have the opportunity to: brainstorm and think creatively; engage in practical problem solving and decision making activities; use a problem solving model in a practical situation